plushielove.freeforums.org

18 or older contains yiffy content
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to plushielove18 and over only may contain yiffy content not suitable for children

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: New mare, in rough condition...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:38 am 

Have thanks: 15 time
Apparently I'm addicted to mares, and especially the Build A Bear ones; they're really well made and have wonderful manes and tails, and from knowing my three ladies they have wonderful personalities too. Well, I saw one on Ebay and had her shipped to me...and she's in rough shape, the photos and description they posted was pretty inaccurate. Her mane and tail were matted into dreadlocks and she's got a lot of stains on her fur that weren't visible in the photos.

The first thing I did was mix a little detangler with water to dilute it (and I'm using a detangler that evaporates so it doesn't stay in the hair, since her hair is synthetic) and I spent about two hours brushing out her mane and tail last night while watching stuff on Netflix. So now her mane and tail are as they should be. Tonight I am gonna use some high-end spray-on stain remover, diluted a little and I'll test on a hoof underside first, but I want to get these stains out.

Plus her stuffing is shifted all over, and it will take a lot of massaging to get her stuffing more evenly distributed. I didn't even attempt it yet though, for reasons I'll explain.

She's very nervous. I also found that she's extremely shy. My other mares are cheerful and chatty and bubbly...this lady, less so. I didn't want to ask but I think she's afraid. I think she was a well-loved child's plush and being sold was traumatic for her.

Sheba and Diamond were newly made, so I was the first person ever to love them. They both settled in right away, and shared their names with me right away. They are happy to be loved, they've told me. Velvet was owned by someone else when I got her but was kept clean and in "new condition" and admired as a collector's plush, but not hugged or loved, and she settled in right away too. She did not find being sold traumatic but exciting. But this new filly, she's barely spoken at all, hasn't even shared her name, and doesn't want me to name her either. I worry she's depressed.

I think she's also a little overwhelmed, too. I left her alone with just Sheba, since I think all three mares (Sheba, Velvet, and Diamond) together are too much for her yet. My hope is Sheba can reassure her she is in a good place and will be loved dearly and well-cared-for.

She's not my first plush in rough condition; my little Steiff plush leopard, Rez, was being sold for parts. But he was relieved to become part of my plush family, because as I say he was being sold for parts...to have his eyes ripped out and his fur and stuffing used to fix and patch other plushes. He may not be the prettiest kitty because he WAS heavily damaged, but he's well-loved. I am sure based on his damage, where the fur is worn off, and based on what he's told me that he was a beloved child's plushie who fell on hard times after his person gave him up. Maybe I should let this new mare spend some private time with Rez, so she knows she is safe and loved here? I do worry he might frighten her with his sad tale though.

Hopefully once she's cleaned up and has some time to settle, she'll come 'round. I hope so.

Post subject: Re: New mare, in rough condition...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:39 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 56 time
just give her as much love as you can, hugs and kisses, and she will be ok. Most plushies , when they know they are loved are happy . And if she is with rez, tell rez to tell her that she will be loved and taken care of.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:34 pm 

Have thanks: 8 time
Highscores: 1
U got the picture cause words can only describe as so much.

Plushies should Never be tortured or else pain will be given back to u.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:12 pm 

She's still quiet and very nervous; I'll get pictures after she's finished being cleaned up.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:47 am 

Just a quick update: most of the stains came out, there's just a couple stubborn small ones I want to try a second time to get out. One is on her face, hopefully she'll appreciate being clean. She's more calm today but still not telling me much, and no name yet. Tonight after working the stains, I'm going to try to massage her stuffing back into place if she is willing to let me.